It’s a new year. Start it off right with these tips for your Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms.
1. Evaluate Your 2014 Social Media Plan –Did I meet my goals? What worked? What didn’t? And what can I do better in 2015? Use your answers to help formulate this year’s social media plan.
2. Update Your Profile and Privacy Settings – It’s always good to review what you have written about yourself in your profile. Make sure it’s consistent across all your platforms. Also check your privacy settings on Facebook, they are changing all the time. It’s good to familiarize yourself with any changes and choose your settings accordingly.
3. Commit to Learning More about Social Media – It’s always changing, but it’s good to stay educated on these changes and find new and better ways to improve your stats. Social Media Examiner is a good place to start.
4. Look At Your Accounts – Are there any social platforms that did not work for you? If so, don’t be afraid to close them. Stay focused on the platforms that work best.
5. Think About Content – What can I add to my page that will increase engagement, likes, shares, retweets, pins, etc.? What are others doing successfully that are in my niche? Can I replicate it and make it work for me?